- $230-250K base + super + vehicle
- Roads & Bridges infrastructure
- Must have 5+ years of previous QLD main road experience.
- Major projects experience $80-130M+ in size.
- 2.5 years project duration – commences October 2023
Company & Role:
Our client is a major transport civil contractor operating across the QLD & NSW region. This is an exciting time for the business as it looks to further strengthen its operations and is seeking an experienced Civil Project Manager to join an experienced team focused on developing its infrastructure business. This current project is valued at $125m and requires an experienced Project Manager with 15-20+ years of experience.
Taking ownership of this major project from the start. You will be reporting to the Construction Director and will be responsible for managing and controlling all aspects of the project, including H&S, Commercial and contractual Aspects, overall programming of the works, staffing and building of the team, and management of the delivery team to meet project objectives. The ability to ensure program delivery within the required period and budget is essential.
So what is in it for you? A competitive salary, focus on larger infrastructure projects, and the business has top performers at all levels, so you will be working with some of the industry's best people. As a business, they are unashamedly driven and focused on raising the standards in the industry...so we are looking for a similarly ambitious and talented Senior Project Manager.
Demonstrated Experience Required?
Understand the critical financial expectations that the project needs to deliver in revenue, profit and effective cost control. Implement disciplines and capability at all levels to ensure that these are met. Company reporting systems and financial tools need to be utilized at the project level for financial reporting protocol and timelines. Projects are monitored and reviewed with actions taken to ensure project targets are optimized.
Leads the project team to achieve all project outcomes
Hires develops and retains people to produce high-quality project outcomes; continuously reviews the performance of employees against performance criteria, provides feedback on performance and sets goals to meet project outcomes.
Manages, documents and communicates the obligations and rights under the Head contract while ensuring the processes are implemented to identify, control, mitigate and report significant risks and opportunities. Manage, develop, negotiate and control subcontractor and supply agreements.
Health, Safety, Environment & Quality Management:
Leads the project to achieve exemplary safety outcomes and ensures project HSEQ objectives are set, shared are adhered to create an exemplary safety culture.
TO BE CONSIDERED:
- Min bachelor’s degree in civil engineering
- RPEQ status would be an advantage but not essential.
- Min 5+ years project delivery experience with a civil contractor on previous DTMR projects
- An excellent communicator, comfortable with the management of site teams, Project Engineers, and sub-contractors
- Min 10+ years of engineering construction experience
- Demonstrated road project experience from $80-130M+
- Ensure program delivery within the required timeframe and budget
- Provide and ensure system documentation approvals
- Ensure & manage procurement schedule and documentation
- Provide advice on constructability during planning and construction works
- Ensure that design reviews are delivered in a timeous & cost-efficient manner
- Experience in DTMR projects experience is required
- First-class work-life balance/ quality of life!
- Join a tight-knit team focused on advancing its capabilities across SE QLD
- Supportive team culture, exciting projects and excellent remuneration for the right candidate. More importantly, this must be viewed as a career move rather than a stop-gap. Our client has a long history of looking after their people and nurturing their careers.
- Attractive package with a performance bonus structure