- Location: Brisbane City
- Flexible work arrangements: Option to work from home one day a week
- Expand your civil infrastructure project experience across multiple civil sectors (National exposure)
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join a leading engineering consulting firm in the heart of Brisbane City. Get ready to dive into diverse and demanding civil projects shaping Australia's infrastructure. With full support and guidance in cost estimating, you'll have the chance to enhance your skills and expertise while making a real impact.
When you join this company, you'll gain access to an extensive range of expertise and exposure to major civil infrastructure projects and resources. Work alongside passionate professionals dedicated to their craft, and rest assured that your contribution will be highly valued. Be part of projects that challenge and inspire you, from Bridges and highways to dams and energy to rail. The possibilities are exciting.
But it doesn't stop there. The work environment is supportive and collaborative, prioritising professional growth and development. We'll equip you with industry-leading technology and software to streamline your estimating processes and deliver accurate results. If you're an estimator passionate about civil infrastructure and major projects, this is the opportunity you've been waiting for. Take the chance to shape Australia's infrastructure and take your skills to the next level. We're looking for applicants to share in our client's ongoing growth and success and gain the skills and expertise to progress your career within an established, high-profile business. You will manage projects ranging from $100m-$1billion supported by the existing team.
Your Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience in 1st principles estimating
- Strong attention to detail, excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience with Expert Estimation and Ross 5D will be highly regarded
- Qualified civil engineer
- Min 2-4 years of experience in a contractor or consulting environment
- Civil infrastructure estimating experience.
As a Senior Cost Estimator, your responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing project documentation and conducting site visits to gather all necessary information for accurate cost estimation - Preparing detailed cost estimates, including labour, materials, and subcontractor costs, for civil engineering projects
- Collaborating with project managers, engineers, and other team members to ensure accurate and comprehensive estimates
- Analyzing and evaluating project risks and developing contingency plans
- Assisting with bid proposals, including preparing cost breakdowns and supporting documentation
- Maintaining a database of cost estimates and regularly updating it with new information and pricing
- Continuously improving estimating processes and utilising industry best practices
- Monitoring and tracking actual project costs against estimated costs and identifying areas of improvement
What you need to bring to the table:
- Excellent time management skills to prioritise and program work involved in the tendering process and track and review the progress of tasks for the effective continuity, completion and submission of tenders
- Preferred strengths would be in civil infrastructure
- Solid understanding of first principles estimating and efficient use of estimating and scheduling software. Expert or CCS Candy, ROSS 5D
- Formal qualifications in civil engineering preferred
- Expert Estimator knowledge advantage
- Understand the technical aspects of the estimate. Ability to communicate with the client and estimating/project team to present tender reviews.
- Previous experience performing as an engineer on-site would be an advantage but not a prerequisite.
This dynamic & rapidly expanding company acknowledges its staff as one of its most important assets. As a result of the current projected growth, they are recruiting key people to join the business. This company expansion also provides staff with many opportunities for future career advancement.
To discuss your next career move confidentially or to find out more information about these new positions and their expectations, then email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org