- Industry sectors: Power, Rail, Mining, Resources, Energy, Water, Utilities and Transportation, Defence
- Major infrastructure projects across Australia
- $175-200K base + super (based on experience and skills)
- Flexible WFH
- Strategic Consulting, Design & Build, Operations and Governance, Project Management
As the Senior Estimating Associate, you will engage with clients, win new work, and take on challenging multidisciplinary projects with no limitations. You will primarily focus on Mechanical, Electrical and Piping (MEP)/Building Services and Utilities projects in sectors such as Defence, Transport, Infrastructure, Resources, and renewables. Your responsibilities will include serving as the Estimate Lead, providing disciplined leadership, and developing strong client relationships to secure ongoing workload.
As the Senior Associate Estimator, you will have the autonomy to apply your industry experience and technical expertise to produce high-quality deliverables. You will collaborate with commercial, project management, and technical leaders to plan, develop, deliver, and operate various projects.
Essential functions of this role include managing the estimating process, directing the production of deliverables, developing project execution plans, managing resources and sub-consultants, and preparing and reviewing cost estimates. You will also contribute to developing pricing strategies, check technical specifications and drawings, and participate in design workshops.
Additionally, you will play a crucial role in stakeholder engagement, mentoring junior team members, and continuously improving estimating processes and systems. This is a dynamic and collaborative work environment where you can make a meaningful impact on our projects and clients. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages and professional growth and development opportunities.
Role functions include:
- Prepare and review estimates for cost plans, design cost plans, and bills of quantities.
- Provide input into the development of accurate and competitive pricing strategies.
- Assist in developing strategic client relationships and contribute to business development efforts.
- Ensure compliance with relevant standards, codes, and regulations.
- Review and provide input on technical specifications and drawings.
- Manage stakeholder engagement and communications.
- Mentor and coach junior team members.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of estimating processes and systems.
- Stay informed about industry trends and emerging technologies.
- Ensure the highest quality, safety, and sustainability standards are maintained.
Required qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in MEP Estimating.
- Strong knowledge of Mechanical, Electrical, and Piping (MEP)/Building Services systems and utilities.
- Experience with Defence, Transport, Infrastructure, Resources, and renewables projects.
- Demonstrated experience in leading a team and managing multidisciplinary projects.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
This dynamic and rapidly expanding company acknowledges its staff as one of its most important assets. As a result of the current projected growth, they are recruiting key people to join the business. This company expansion also provides staff with many opportunities for future career advancement.
If you are ready to take the next step in your career and join a dynamic and rapidly expanding company, apply now! We are excited to hear from motivated and talented individuals ready to make a difference in the industry.