Senior Project Engineer | Civil Engineering
- $195,000 - $220,000 package + annual bonus
- Experienced SPE wanting to step up to PM level
- Transport Infrastructure / Hunter Valley
Company & Role:
Our client is seeking the expertise of an experienced Senior Project Engineer with civil & bridge construction experience to work on a key RMS road upgrade in Newcastle. This civil contractor is a successful mid-tier. Our client is looking for previous roads, bridge works, and infrastructure experience to work on a key transport project with full-time employment offered.
You will be reporting to the Project Manager/Area Manager and will be managing and controlling all aspects of the project, including H&S, Commercial and contractual Aspects, overall programming of the works, and management of the delivery team to meet project objectives. The ability to ensure program delivery within the required period and budget is essential. Strong financial management experience is a must in establishing and maintaining contractual schedules, including productivity units and EOT’s. This role will allow you to step up to the Project Manager level.
Contractual Management: Manages, documents and communicates the obligations and rights under the Head contract while ensuring that processes are implemented to identify, control, mitigate and report significant risks and opportunities. Manage, develop, negotiate and control subcontractor and supply agreements.
Health, Safety, Environment & Quality Management: Leads the project to achieve exemplary safety outcomes and ensures project HSEQ objectives are set, shared and adhered to with the objective of creating an exemplary safety culture.
Financial Management: Understand the critical financial expectations that the project needs to deliver in revenue, profit and effective cost control. Implement disciplines and capability at all levels to ensure that these are met. Company reporting systems and financial tools need to be utilized at the project level for financial reporting protocol and timelines. Projects are monitored and reviewed with actions taken to ensure project targets are optimized.
The successful candidate will bring to the role:
- Ensure Program delivery within the required timeframe and budget
- Provide and ensure system documentation approvals
- Ensure & manage procurement schedule and documentation
- Ensure program conflict resolution
- Provide advice on constructability during planning and construction works
- Ensure that design reviews are delivered in a timeous & cost-efficient manner
- Manage the subcontractors and ensure the correct tracking of completed contract works, tracking of variations on completed works, issuing of reports.
- Approve design changes to achieve program delivery
- Completion of Undergraduate Engineering or Construction Management degree or similar
- Diploma of Project Management or equivalent level of competence
- Holds valid ‘C’ class drivers’ licenses
- Holds a valid Construction Safety Awareness Card
- Min 5+ years TMR or RMS / main roads construction experience delivering projects ranging from $40-80m.
- Previous bridge construction experience essential.
- Join a tight-knit team focused on advancing its capabilities across the Newcastle region.
- Guaranteed workload with established civil contractor
- First-class work-life balance/ quality of life!
- Gain experience working on complex infrastructure
- Excellent relationship with clients
- Working on your own initiative - being responsible for running the local team
Send us your CV: