Project Safety Advisor | Transport infrastructure
- $140K base + super + vehicle
- TMR projects ranging from $5-40m
- Excellent culture and support for growth
- Must be flexible to work on DIDO projects 5/2 roster
Our client’s consistent growth in the QLD market has created an opportunity for an experienced and qualified hands-on site-based Safety Advisor to join the team. This on-site role will provide a dedicated safety professional with the opportunity to use their extensive experience to support our site staff to ensure ongoing compliance with all systems. Essentially, the Safety Advisor will actively champion safety on site and will be responsible for maintaining our strong safety record by supporting staff in implementing, training and educating Safety systems and processes.
We're looking for someone who enjoys working on complex transport infrastructure projects (TMR) and thrives in a fast-paced environment where you will influence outcomes to achieve the best project outcomes.
To be eligible for this role, you will require:
- Formal H&S and environmental qualifications
- Travel to project sites during the week
- Manage inspections and site audits.
- Review and manage incident reports and provide support and clarity to regulators
- Support inductions and project start meeting.
- Follow procedures and write comprehensive reporting.
- A minimum of 2+ years experience in roads & bridge construction under TMR specifications
- Comprehensive understanding of current Workplace Health and Safety legislation and regulations as applicable to the construction industry
- Proven experience working within accredited systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Expected to travel to different project sites during the week.
- Excellent analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be able to work as part of a team that is driven by success.
- Be self-motivated and adaptable with a can-do attitude.
- Undertake incident investigations and root cause analysis.
This position is ideal for individuals with a genuine passion for safety, a proactive approach and excellent communication skills. We offer competitive salary packages and incentive programs in return for our employee’s commitment and efforts.
- Stability of local projects in the SE QLD region
- Clear progression paths offered.
- Enthusiastic, flexible team culture
- Career-focused role
- Focus on transport infrastructure works
- Focus on safety and environmental works.
On offer is a stimulating work environment, competitive salaries, and attractive benefits packages. Our ideal candidates should have a proven track record of success, a collaborative team-oriented mindset and a solid commitment to excellence.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
If this role is not entirely suitable, then we would still enjoy the opportunity of hearing from you. Many of our career opportunities are not advertised, as we first engage directly with our internal engineering networks. If you want to register to hear about the best-hidden roles before they hit the open job market, then connect with us to find out what we can offer you.
We look forward to hearing from you.